Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"Unconditional" layout - first one in a million gazillion years


 I found these veneer sheets on amazon.com.  I wanted to try making some wood embellishments.  They are very thin so I glued small pieces to chipboard.
 I ran the pieces through the big shot and made circles and hexagons - all different sizes.  They turned out great!

 The main 12 x 12 is a piece of chipboard.  I cut a large circle in the chip board and then created a little shadow box which is attached it to the back.



It's hard to capture an image that shows the depth of the shadow box but I really like the effect.  I surrounded the picture with leaves and branches trying to keep everything brown.  I used Lindy's brown sprays to make the leaves shine. The paste used to mask the background is actually wood filler - it was a too light so I used the Vintage Photo dauber to darken things up.  The paper is from Prima's Engraver collection.  






No comments:

Post a Comment